Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Don't Ask Meghan about Sarah....

by Janet Crain
Want to make news and get noticed? Just say I won't comment on that. Athletes do this all the time. But Meghan McCain? She never acted this way before.

Throughout the campaign, Meghan was very approachable; she's blunt, she’s talkative, she’s fun. She’ll give you an opinion on anything. She had a great blog.




But it’s the one thing she won’t talk about now has bloggers all agog - Sarah Palin.

“Sarah Palin is the only part of the campaign that I won’t comment on publicly,” she said.

Aw, come on!

Hmmph…

She’s talked about her before. Right after her Dad head-faked everyone and selected the previously unknown governor, Meghan gushed about her.

“I am incredibly inspired by my dad’s selection of Governor Palin as the first woman Vice Presidential candidate of the Republican Party. This is a great moment for young women everywhere who can look to her as a role model. As I was standing on stage, I found myself getting emotional about today’s historic event and the evolution in the role of women as leaders in politics. I couldn’t be more proud of my father!”

Larry King

Back in September, Meghan told Larry King (video below) that Palin was not only “very chill” but considered her a role model.

“She’s very smart,” McCain said. “She’s very, very, very shrewd - very smart. I’ve heard her talk about issues.”

What’s it mean?

So what are the tea leaves here? Who knows. But there are plenty of those in the blogosphere with opinions.

Wonkette
, for example, has some choice words for Meghan and the campaign. They say that Meghan refuses to accept that it was her father - not Palin - who was responsible for the failed campaign.

http://features.csmonitor.com/politics/2009/01/14/mccain-wont-comment-on-palin-meghan-mccain-that-is/



© Janet Crain

Click here to view all recent Sarah Palin in 2012 posts

Bookmark and Share

No comments: