Thursday, February 5, 2009

Etta James Blasts Beyonce Singing "Her Song"

People in the News: Etta James blasts Beyoncé over song
Has the Obamas' first inaugural dance created a feud between Etta James and Beyoncé? Last week at two concerts, including one in Seattle, James fumed that it was Beyoncé serenading the first couple with her classic, "At Last."

"Your president, the one with the big ears ... he had that woman singing my song. She gone get her a** whipped," James is heard saying in an audio recording obtained by TMZ.com.

At times, James, 71, sounds playful, but she sounded sarcastic and disdainful when she continued, "The great Beyoncé. ... I can't stand Beyoncé," in the audio, which was recorded by Crown City Media at a performance in Canada. Star magazine reported similar remarks from James at her Seattle performance.

"You guys know your president, right? You know the one with the big ears?" the legend was quoted as saying. "Wait a minute, he ain't my president. He might be yours; he ain't my president. But I tell you that woman he had singing for him, singing my song -- she's going to get her a** whipped."

She continued: "I can't stand Beyoncé. She has no business up there, singing up there on a big ol' president day, gonna be singing my song that I've been singing forever."

No reply from Beyoncé, who plays James in the film "Cadillac Records."



You decide:







© Janet Crain

Click here to view all recent Sarah Palin in 2012 posts

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Keyboard Jockey said...

Janet

The Cardinal is Back I believe he mentions Ms James.

http://youhavetobethistalltogoonthisride.blogspot.com/2009/02/bow-your-heads-you-heathens-cardnial.html